You are invited to San Francisco Symphony’s biggest party of the year! On September 24th, San Francisco Symphony and Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas want to welcome you, along with guest artists Kelsey Grammar and Alexandra Silber, to their 2015-16 season opening gala. All ticket holders are invited to toast the new season at Davies Symphony Hall with a complimentary pre-performance wine reception and a lively post-performance party with entertainment, dancing, food and drink.
The evening’s concert will pay homage to Broadway musicals with Grammar and Silber performing a range of songs. The concert opens with MTT conducting Respighi’s Roman Festivals.
Formal dinner packages are available for four separate dinners prior to the concert. Proceeds from the Opening Gala benefit the Orchestra’s myriad community outreach and education programs, which provide music education to more than 75,000 Bay Area schoolchildren each year.
On July 12th, San Francisco Symphony hosted an opening gala launch party for some 150 guests in the new Pier 27 Cruise Terminal. Following the special reception, everyone was invited to a free community concert featuring the San Francisco Symphony and special guest artist Bryce Dessner. Earlier this summer, on June 30th, San Francisco Symphony Gala Co-Chairs Dagmar Dolby and Natasha Dolby hosted an intimate reception for Benefactors at the Dolby home in San Francisco.
Scenes from San Francisco Symphony summer parties:
Photos by Moanalani Jeffrey Photography
— Related: Red Carpet Bay Area coverage of past San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala events:
- Eight Red Carpet Bay Favorites from San Francisco Symphony Gala 2014
- Symphony Supper and Symphonix Dinner 2014
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Night 2014
- They Could Have Danced All Night at San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2013
- Supper on Opening Night at the Symphony 2013
- Style at San Francisco Symphony’s 101st Opening Night (2012)
- Opening Nights in San Francisco 2011
- San Francisco Symphony Centennial Gala (2011)