San Francisco Symphony opened the season with a Symphony Supper and Symphonix Dinner in addition to an elaborate Patrons Dinner on September 3, 2013. The Symphony Supper for 300 took place under the grand dome at City Hall and the Symphonix Dinner for 175 in the North Light Court. Lauren Lai Bellings and Rhonda Mahendroo served as the Symphony Supper co-chairs and Daniel Chen and Lisa Edwards chaired the Symphonix Dinner.
After dinner, guests made their way across Van Ness Avenue to Davies Symphony Hall for the gala concert that featured Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony with special guest Audra McDonald.
All concert-goers were invited to the after-party, which took place inside a tented pavilion and outside on Grove Street. Libby Leffler served as the after-party chair.
Scenes from Symphony Supper and the Symphonix Dinner:
Photos by Moanalani Jeffrey Photography
Check out more of Red Carpet Bay Area’s coverage of the evening, featuring the opening night experience as a deluxe date.
— Related — Past Red Carpet Bay Area coverage of San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala events:
- Eight Red Carpet Bay Favorites from San Francisco Symphony Gala 2014
- Symphony Supper and Symphonix Dinner 2014
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Night 2014
- They Could Have Danced All Night at San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2013
- Style at San Francisco Symphony’s 101st Opening Night (2012)
- Opening Nights in San Francisco 2011
- San Francisco Symphony Centennial Gala (2011)
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2010
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2009
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2008