San Francisco Symphony celebrated the opening of its 103rd season and 20th anniversary with Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas on September 3, 2014. The events included three dinners, a pre-concert reception, a gala concert with Yuja Wang and Bonnie Raitt, and a very lively after party.
The Symphony Supper, chaired by Rebecca Saroyan and Paula Blank, and the Symphonix Dinner, chaired by Libby Leffler and Blake Pearson, took place at City Hall prior to the gala concert. McCall Associates catered all three dinners and served some 862 guests in the patrons tent, 440 at the Symphony Supper and 382 at the Symphonix Dinner.
An elaborate tent built near Davies Symphony Hall housed the Patrons Dinner and the afterparty. Blueprint Studios created the décor for all cocktail receptions and dinners, the pre-concert reception in Davies Symphony Hall and the afterparty.
Scenes from the Symphony Supper and Symphonix Dinner at City Hall:
Photos by Moanalani Jeffrey Photography
— Related: More Red Carpet Bay Area coverage of San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala events:
- Eight Red Carpet Favorites from San Francisco Symphony Gala 2014
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Night 2014
- They Could Have Danced All Night at San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2013
- Supper on Opening Night at the Symphony 2013
- Style at San Francisco Symphony’s 101st Opening Night (2012)
- Opening Nights in San Francisco 2011
- San Francisco Symphony Centennial Gala (2011)
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2010
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2009
- San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala 2008