Holiday Trends 2010 — From casual get-togethers to formal affairs, there are plenty of parties this holiday season! Red Carpet Bay Area producer and writer Jan Mabry offers seven tips for a stylish holiday, 2010:
- Very, Very Military – Double breasted pea coats, band coats with brilliant buttons, exaggerated epaulets, and high, haughty collars are huge this season.
- Yes! Thigh-Highs – Thigh-high are the hottest trend for shoes. From subtle to sultry, thigh-highs not only make your legs look a mile long, they keep them warm.
- Feathers Are So Fly – Feathers are a great complement or option to ruffles, and add sophistication and glamour to even the simplest evening dress.
- Gloves Galore – These are not your granny’s gloves. Today’s gloves go from playful to glamorous. Wear them with or without fingers, short or full-length, in luscious velvet, lace or leather.
- Leather Forever – Equestrian-inspired leather looks go from the office to evening. Whether you choose leather pants, a skirt, or a leather dress – short and long, these skins are in.
- Wide, Wide Pants – Wide palazzo pants are the perfect antidote to those ‘skinny-legged’ pants in your closet. So go wide, tres wide. Palazzo pants always look soft, chic and elegant.
- Your Skin – Bare a little skin… a shoulder, an arm, some leg. Remember, your own beautiful skin is your best accessory!
— More style ideas from Jan Mabry on Red Carpet Bay Area: