10 Hot Fashion Trends for Spring 2011:
- Techno-color – Island bright, these colors are just a shade away from neon. You’ll look so sunny you’ll need shades to look in the mirror. (See Dior and Aqualino Rimondi)).
- Stripes – Horizontal, vertical, thin, wide — stripes are a strong style statement. Try to incorporate at least one striped item into your wardrobe this spring. (See Prada and Jil Sander).
- Sharp Shorts – A clever alternative to mini-skirts, these shorts take themselves very seriously. In leather, suede, or a myriad of fabrics… dress shorts up with chic tops and heels. C’mon… show some leg. (See Hermes, Betsy Johnson and J. Crew).
5. Asymmetrics – Bare one shoulder or go for total anarchy. Asymmetric dresses and jackets definitely look different — on both sides. (See Carolina Herrera).
7. Let it Flow – These airy looks flow from day into evening. Soft layers of fabric, beads and embellishments combine for a look that moves when you move. (See Roberto Cavalli).
8. Tote that Tote – Hold everything. Tote bags are utilitarian, stylish and big this Spring. Who says practical can’t be beautiful. (See ).
9. Old Hollywood – These looks may be old Hollywood but they’ll make you feel brand new. Skirts and pettycoats, coats that swing and beautiful gowns in colors that dazzle all night. Top it off with hair worn high, in a glamorous updo. (See Karen Caldwell).
10. In the Trenches – The Trench is the perfect coat… rain or shine. Choose classic khaki, or go for color and follow Girl Scout rule number one. You’ll always be prepared. (see ). — Jan Mabry
— More style ideas from Jan Mabry on Red Carpet Bay Area: