Red Carpet SF’s Top Women of Style 2008:
1. Vanessa Getty — pregnant for much of the year and stunning throughout. Vanessa shared five style tips:
Always dress to flatter your figure, as opposed to following a trend that may not suit your body.
Don’t be afraid to rework things in your closet –reinvent what you have with some good alterations. I just redesigned several pieces that I found hidden away…a snip here, a stitch there –and I have some great new pieces.
With regards to accessories, always look at yourself one last time before you walk out the door. If you think it is too much, it probably is.
Shop vintage. I love hunting down special one of a kind pieces – it is like unearthing treasure. It does not have to be expensive!
Let your style evolve, and learn to work with your assets! It’s about you wearing the clothes –not them wearing you.
2. Yurie Pascarella: her look is understated and elegant; we love her taste in gowns!
3. Angelique Griepp: gorgeous in casual looks, cocktail dresses, and gowns; Angelique is the picture of classic California style and easy glamor.
4. Sobia A. Shaikh: we call her Sobia Chic! Originally from Pakistan, Sobia enlightens us with the beauty of the Pakistani culture and her presence enriches the San Francisco community.
5. Elizabeth Touw: when she walks into a room, the party is on! One of San Francisco’s newest It girls mixes designer labels and steps out in intriguing looks no matter her destination.