The fourth annual Miss Russian San Francisco pageant and gala event celebrated Russian talent, beauty, and culture in the Venetian Room at the Fairmont Hotel on September 8th. An enthusiastic audience watched as nine stunning women competed for the title of Miss Russian San Francisco 2017. Judges rated each contestant in four categories that included a pre-produced video introduction, live swimsuit and evening gown segments, and an on-the-spot Q&A.
Scenes from Miss Russian San Francisco 2017:
- Miss Russian San Francisco 2017: Maria Zhukovskaya, age 33, from Krasnodar, Russia. Miss Zhukovskaya is a professional dancer and owner of the Mari Dansé Dance Studio. In 2014 she won the world champion title for chachacha.
- 1st Runner-up: Akmaral Duisenbekkyzy, age 29, from Almaty, Kazakhstan
- 2nd Runner-up: Diana Golyadkina, age 22, from Donetsk, Ukraine
Miss Rusian San Francisco Founder and Producer Karina Zakharov is an independent project manager. She is committed to uniting the local community of expats from numerous Russian speaking countries and to spreading the richness and zest of Russian culture.
Miss Russian San Francisco 2017 Judges:
- Aleksandr Druz – A prominent veteran contestant of the famous Russian TV gameshow What? Where?When?
- Manana Kozlova – Founder of Deluxe Sightseeing Tours
- Olga Sigmundson – Miss Russian California 2017
- Elena Slivnyak – Project Runway finalist, celebrity fashion and costume designer
- Vasily Vein – Fashion designer and founder of Vasily Vein Art Design
- Sasha Zvereva – Russian pop singer and fashion designer
Masters of Ceremonies:
- Ulyana Zilbermints – Miss Russian San Francisco 2016
- Moses Strizhaus – Professional MC and entertainer
Miss Russian San Francisco 2017 also served as a fundraiser for Global Conservation with funds designated for tiger protection in Primorye, Russia.
— Vivi Andrijani, Red Carpet Bay Area contributor and sponsor
— Jeffrey Hipona, Photographer
— Related — Red Carpet Bay Area coverage of Miss Russian San Francisco 2016