San Francisco Bay
One-piece from Beach Bunny Swimwear
Illesteva “Leonard II” mirrored, rimless, rose-colored sunglasses
Baby Love Lip Gloss from Pretty Girl Makeup
Spring has sprung and summer is coming in hot. As someone who covers fancy galas and makes videos throughout fall, winter and spring, summer is a season I look forward to for its casual vibe. For three relaxing months, I rarely wear makeup, and the parties I attend are mostly informal. Getting ready for summer, for me, includes only the basics: getting in shape, taking care of my skin, finding a good bathing suit and the right sunglasses.
How I am preparing for summer 2017:
- Trading in my bikini for a city chic Beach Bunny one-piece
- Using Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert daily — I call it hope in a bottle, though I have seen results!
- Rose gold mirrored sunglasses from Illesteva, with matching lip gloss in Baby Love from my favorite local brand Pretty Girl
- Freshening my skincare products and trying a new routine:
- Microneedling at EpiCenter Med Spa for a collagen boost and healthy glow — this treatment also gets rid of rosacea and erases certain signs of aging
- Exchanging my day and night creams for Clarins new Hydra-Essentiel Cooling Gel preceded by Hydra-Essentiel Bi-phase Serum — I started using these products about a month ago and I am sold! They provide the moisture I crave and the gel formula is cool and fresh– just right for summer
- Stocking up on SPF and self-tanning products for a healthy glow with or without the sun:
- Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster — I add three drops to my face immediately after applying serum and just before the cooling gel moisturizer. The result is a gradual sun-kissed glow
- I don’t leave home without Clarins portable Sun Control Stick For Sun-Sensitive Areas SPF 30 — apply anytime, anywhere for moisture replenishing UVA/UVB protection
- Workouts at BasecampSF — just a 35 or 45-minute session of intense cardio and strength training, three times per week, gives me the confidence to walk down the beach!
Clarins Anti-Cellulite treatment — hope in a bottle (backed by science!)
For a sun-kissed glow — Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster
Marybeth La Motte is preparing for summer!
Clarins new Hydra-Essentiel gel moisturizer and skincare products
Epi Center Med Spa, 450 Sutter Street, San Francisco; call for an appointment 415-362-4754
Happy Spring! I hope to see you at Basecamp!