Seven Bay Area notables were tossed into the pool at San Francisco’s splashiest fundraiser, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s (“TNDC”) Celebrity Pool Toss, on October 8, 2013. Actor Jason Lewis and cookbook author and blogger Tori Ritchie served as co-hosts for the 21st annual event.
Scenes from TNDC’s annual Celebrity Pool Toss in the courtyard of the Phoenix Hotel/Chambers Eat + Drink:
Photos by Drew Altizer Photography
- Charlie Casey, President, Pacific Foundation Services
- James Higa, Executive Director, Philanthropic Ventures Foundation
- Jim Losi, Founder, Rwanda Opportunity Fund
- Sharon Seto, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Extraordinaire
- Lewis Sykes, San Francisco’s Oldest Party Planner
- Will Thacher, President & CEO, Market-Turk Company
- Bill Witte, CEO, Related California
Top tossee Charlie Casey’s friends and family bid over $35,000 to see him pitched into the pool with his mother Donna Miller Casey and 9-year-old daughter Antonia Casey. The event raised $265,000 for TNDC’s after school programs and family services. With 31 buildings in several San Francisco neighborhoods, TNDC provides homes and support services to more than 3,200 low-income seniors, families, people with disabilities, emancipated youth, and formerly homeless individuals. Over the last 21 years, the TNDC Celebrity Pool Toss has raised over $4 million for its youth and family programs.