Amazon Fashion announced the appointment of Chiara Ferragni, founder of TheBlondeSalad.com, as its European brand ambassador for Spring/Summer 2016 (SS16). Chiara will feature in Amazon’s advertising and social media campaign for fashion across Europe, and the items worn by Chiara in the campaign will be available to buy from Amazon’s five European websites beginning March 8th.
The campaign, shot by photographer Cass Bird and i-D magazine Fashion Editor Julia Sarr-Jamois at Amazon’s European Fashion Photography Studio in Shoreditch, East London, will feature Chiara in some of her favorite SS16 pieces. Chiara chose co-ords (a fashion term for matching sets of clothes), an embellished jumpsuit, and tailored mini dresses from brands including Gestuz, Selected Femme, Tommy Hilfiger and Keepsake.
“Chiara is a smart business woman with a strong sense of personal style and is a great advocate for our ‘Don’t look like me, look like you’ campaign” said Juliet Warkentin, Director of Brand & Creative, Amazon Fashion Europe.
Q&A with Chiara Ferragni:
1) What do you love most about being Amazon Fashion’s ambassador? I’m so happy to be the Ambassador of a brand I really love. It is essential for me to have a connection with the brands I work with. The staff are amazing and the atmosphere chilled and productive. Thanks to online retailers like Amazon, fashion is more accessible than ever, which is really exciting as fashion inspires a lot of people. Nowadays you don’t need to live in a fashion capital of the world, have lots of money, or to be able to shop during certain hours. With online retail, it’s possible to browse and shop for fashion anytime of the day, from pretty much anywhere.
2) What is your favourite piece from the Amazon Fashion’s current collection? There’s an electric blue leather jacket I really like, I’m obsessed by leather jackets! I don’t even know how many I have bought in my life!
3) How would you describe your style? I’m now in an experimental phase of my life, I like to try more in terms of style, make-up and hair.
4) What is your staple wardrobe piece? Leather jackets and jeans.
5) What is your favourite trend this season? Hats in general, they always add an extra touch to your look.
6) What is your favourite season to dress? (SS/AW) I can’t choose, I love the idea of a seasonal change of wardrobe.
7) Who has been your favourite designer so far at this season’s Fashion Weeks? There are many collections I’ve loved but I look forward to seeing what will be presented in Milan and Paris!
8) What city is best suited to your style? Los Angeles is now the perfect place for me, that’s why I moved there.
9) What trend do you wish would make a comeback? My style is not only about trends but more about what I like and I feel confortable in, that’s why I feel free to wear whatever I like without being part of a trend.
10) Heels or flats? Absolutely flats.
11) What are your tips to achieve the best Instagram pose? A good light is all you need for a nice picture or selfie.
12) Where will The Blonde Salad go next? There are many news we will communicate in the next few months, the team is now becoming bigger and bigger without loosing the beautiful “crew” attitude. We are so proud of the success and the results we have achieved.
Amazon.co.uk started selling fashion in 2007. Across Europe, Amazon sells a wide range of collections from international fashion brands across its five European websites – UK (www.amazon.co.uk/fashion), France (www.amazon.fr/mode), Germany (www.amazon.de/fashion), Italy (www.amazon.it/abbigliamento), Spain (www.amazon.es/moda), and BuyVIP (an Amazon company) www.buyvip.com.