According to WalletHub, a website that monitors financial and credit card transactions globally, San Francisco is the number one city in the United States for celebrating Valentine’s Day. Not only is San Francisco considered the best city for Valentine’s Day, it is also the best city for singles! Measuring 32 key indicators of dating-friendliness from share of single population to the number of online dating opportunities to nightlife options per capita, San Francisco is tops.
Valentine’s Day rankings are based on four dimensions including budget, activities, gift accessibility, and the weather forecast. Relevant metrics and San Francisco rankings for each (1=Best, 50=Avg.):
- 1st – Greeting-Card Stores & Gift Shops per Capita
- 4th – Jewelry Stores per Capita
- 4th – Florists per Capita
- 4th – Number of Attractions
- 5th – Restaurants per Capita
- 7th – Avg. Beverage Price*
- 10th – Avg. Movie-Ticket Price*
- 25th – Avg. Ticket Price for Valentine’s Day Party*
- 29th – Cost of Three-Course Meal for Two*
- 48th – Weather Forecast for Valentine’s Day
*Cost data adjusted for the median household income of the city.
And, finally, California ranked number one in the United States for singles’ odds of finding a romantic partner. Happy Valentine’s Day!