San Francisco’s night of opulence 2009, the opera’s opening gala on September 11, began with cocktails followed by Verdi’s Il Trovatore, dinner and dancing at City Hall. The opening marked the start of a new era for San Francisco Opera with the introduction of Nicola Luisotti as its new music director.
San Francisco Opera Guild celebrated its 70th year; the Opera Ball chaired by Teresa Medearis and Adrianna Pope Sullivan. BRAVO! Club, San Francisco Opera’s group of young professionals dedicated to building a new audience for the opera, also hosted an event at City Hall, chaired by Marie Carr and Alexandra Siliezar. City Hall was decorated in Spanish splendor by Stanlee Gatti. Bill Hopkins Rock’n Orchestra kept the party going under the rotunda until well after midnight.
Photos by Drew Altizer Photography
— More Red Carpet Bay Area coverage of San Francisco Opera Ball events:
- San Francisco Opera Opening Weekend 2014
- Opera Ball 2014: Passione
- Opera Ball in the Garden of Good and Evil (2013)
- Style on Opening Night at the Opera, 2012
- Opening Nights in San Francisco 2011
- Night on the Nile (Opera Ball 2010)
- Red Carpet Style at Opera Ball 2008