Spring has sprung and summer is coming in hot. As someone who covers fancy galas and makes videos throughout fall, winter and spring, summer is a season I look forward to for its casual vibe. For three relaxing months, I rarely wear makeup, and the parties I attend are mostly informal. Getting ready for summer, for me, includes only the basics: getting in shape, taking care of my skin, finding a good bathing suit and the right sunglasses.
How I am preparing for summer 2017:
- Trading in my bikini for a city chic Beach Bunny one-piece
- Using Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert daily — I call it hope in a bottle, though I have seen results!
- Rose gold mirrored sunglasses from Illesteva, with matching lip gloss in Baby Love from my favorite local brand Pretty Girl
- Freshening my skincare products and trying a new routine:
- Microneedling at EpiCenter Med Spa for a collagen boost and healthy glow — this treatment also gets rid of rosacea and erases certain signs of aging
- Exchanging my day and night creams for Clarins new Hydra-Essentiel Cooling Gel preceded by Hydra-Essentiel Bi-phase Serum — I started using these products about a month ago and I am sold! They provide the moisture I crave and the gel formula is cool and fresh– just right for summer
- Stocking up on SPF and self-tanning products for a healthy glow with or without the sun:
- Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster — I add three drops to my face immediately after applying serum and just before the cooling gel moisturizer. The result is a gradual sun-kissed glow
- I don’t leave home without Clarins portable Sun Control Stick For Sun-Sensitive Areas SPF 30 — apply anytime, anywhere for moisture replenishing UVA/UVB protection
- Workouts at BasecampSF — just a 35 or 45-minute session of intense cardio and strength training, three times per week, gives me the confidence to walk down the beach!