Holiday Trends 2010 — From casual get-togethers to formal affairs, there are plenty of parties this holiday season! Red Carpet Bay Area producer and writer Jan Mabry offers seven tips for a stylish holiday, 2010:
Thigh-high boots, short skirts and feathers
Model’s own skin, dress by Herve Leger
Not your granny’s gloves
Palazzo pants, Yves Saint Laurent
Leather by Jean Paul Gaultier for Hermes
Burberry’s military-inspired look for holiday 2010
- Very, Very Military – Double breasted pea coats, band coats with brilliant buttons, exaggerated epaulets, and high, haughty collars are huge this season.
- Yes! Thigh-Highs – Thigh-high are the hottest trend for shoes. From subtle to sultry, thigh-highs not only make your legs look a mile long, they keep them warm.
- Feathers Are So Fly – Feathers are a great complement or option to ruffles, and add sophistication and glamour to even the simplest evening dress.
- Gloves Galore – These are not your granny’s gloves. Today’s gloves go from playful to glamorous. Wear them with or without fingers, short or full-length, in luscious velvet, lace or leather.
- Leather Forever – Equestrian-inspired leather looks go from the office to evening. Whether you choose leather pants, a skirt, or a leather dress – short and long, these skins are in.
- Wide, Wide Pants – Wide palazzo pants are the perfect antidote to those ‘skinny-legged’ pants in your closet. So go wide, tres wide. Palazzo pants always look soft, chic and elegant.
- Your Skin – Bare a little skin… a shoulder, an arm, some leg. Remember, your own beautiful skin is your best accessory!
— More style ideas from Jan Mabry on Red Carpet Bay Area: